Hello Family,
Much planning had come to this week and especially for
the Bryan Heller family. Many hands
helped to make Heidi's and Michaels wedding a beautiful event on Saturday. I was delighted that Annalisa was able to
come to Nevada with me. She drove down
to Cedar Hills on Thursday morning as I did payroll at work and then arrived
back home at 10am and we left by 11am for Carson City. The Lexus was great to drive the long
distance and did well on MPG at 80 MPH, getting 24 highway. We arrived at 6pm Nevada time and went to see
Oma and Grandpa and Bryans family and then had dinner at Tamie & Retts of a
wonderful steak dinner that Maggie prepared.
Annie and I stayed at the Jesse's this time and Friday morning we
prepared to go to the Reno Temple and attend while Heidi got her own
endowments. The return to Carson was
followed by a terrific crowd of helpers to get the back yard prepared for
Saturday by putting up shade tents, string lights and decorative tulle. Annie and I made the task of ironing 12 round
table cloths a little funner by doing them at Oma's house. Annie helped Oma ice and decorate a sheet
cake and Grandpa visited with me while I ironed and then Annie ironed as
well. Whew... but that was just a piece
of the grand puzzle of making everything presentable. So many contributed to make it all come
together. The elements of nature and the
high Sierra winds made things a little more tricky.
Saturday morning arrived and we got to the Reno Temple at
9am Sealing and the bride and groom could only smile and smile. The Sealer was one of Oma and Grandpas
friends for a very long time so that was great.
The ceremony as they all are, was special and endearing and the family
waiting outside the Temple was surprised at how quick we exited! The new married couple came out the doors and
the cameras started snapping! Many group
shots were taken and then the crowd was invited to the home of Michaels uncle
who lives in North Reno. His home was
lovely and the food very well done. With
much to wrap up at Tamies house we left to get tables placed and
decorated. The weighted down tents were
getting tossed a bit in the wind so extra measures were taken to restore. Food was brought out, the photographer,
Darby, arrived and group shots were taken.
I managed to trip Darby once by taking photos behind her and she stepped
back. Poor gal has to deal with copy-cat
photographers like me....! Haaa!
The German food mixed with Hawaiian Kahlua Pig, and
supporting dishes. It was terrific! The wedding cake was delicious as well as
beautiful. Soon tributes to the bride
and groom by the fathers and then dancing.
With many helping hands again, the decorations were
taking down and all things put away. As
Annie wanted to get home to Idaho before dark due to a headlight being out, we
left Sunday morning early and stopped first to say goodbye to Oma and Grandpa
and then headed Eastward. It was so
wonderful to have Annie with me for the quality time together. We were grateful for the hospitality of the
Jesses to have us there, and for the time spent with family. Time with my parents was very dear to me and
Annalisa as well as seeing Mac & family and Dean & family. With all the busy times, just working
together with Bryans family was great and I even got to hear Josef play the
piano!
Of course I took lots of photos and I hope to get some to
you, but I have to download and sort out the good ones... so it may take more
time than I have tonight.
I wanted to relay my feelings as I was in the Temple
listening to Bro. Bryer who was the Sealer.
I felt the true blessing of families and the eternal happiness we get
from staying in harmony. I am so
grateful for my family, my children, my parents, my siblings and their
children. Nothing in this world is more
important than relationships.
Have a great week Elders!!!
Love, Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment