Hello Elders & Family,
As I wrote a lengthy caption of our camping trip a few
days ago, I'll opt for a short letter here as the missionary time is
limited.
Staff at my work has experienced an upset as one of our
Project Managers, Naarah Mount, announced a month ago she was leaving. To her credit she stayed 4 weeks so a
replacement could be found, but with this position, hiring people takes time to
get the right person. We've interviewed
3 fellows, but not sure about who is the right fit. Naarah starts her new job tomorrow. Trouble was she was 'poached' from another
business with the lure of money and position.
I hope it all works out for her.
After a morning of home chores and an errand for David to
pick up some tires in Pleasant Grove, I came home to finish yard work. I heard the door bell and looked out to see
the backside of a fellow with a backpack and assumed he was a solicitor. My neighborhood gets so many of them I just
don't answer the door. He knocked and
rang again, and I peeked out to check again.
Nope, I'm not answering. I
watched him hang his head and walk to the East, still I could not see his
face. Then I got a side glimpse and I
ran for the door! "Zack
Davenport," I yelled from the door!
He turned and was glad I called after him. Apparently he had his mission report in our
ward last Sunday, Memorial weekend, and I was camping so didn't know. I invited him in and we talked a while. He looked good and I should have gotten a
picture....daaa.! He's sporting a
mustache and a goatee! He got back from
his mission in late April and wanted to report to our ward as his parents moved
to Highland. He served in New York City
as a ASL missionary! (American Sign Language)
He's got a job and will be attending UVU in the fall. Sweet huh!
So on Lesson Sundays, I learn and absorb the gospel
message which is a true testament to the fact that when we study the
scriptures, we are edified and aided in our spirituality. When we do not, our minds wander to the
trifle things of the world, and our focus is altered on what is really
important. LOVE is #1. Family #2. Service #3. ..... the list could go on, but essentially,
what is most important to me, is an understanding of the Atonement, the Love
our Savior has for us, and the Family Unit.
My lesson was on Ruth and Naomi in the Old Testament. Its a beautiful story of a Mother loving her
two daughter-in-laws after the 3 of them were left widows. It's a story of respect, honor and virtue and
then conversion to the gospel. There are
only 2 books in the entire standard works that are named after women. Ruth and Ester, both in the OT.
Have a great week Elders and know that all is well here.

.jpeg)
.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment