Dear Family,
So last P-Day, 1 week ago, after emailing the family, our
zone went to the PCC ( Polynesian Cultural Center). Missionaries get in for
free, and can watch the shows for free too. So the first show we watched was a
really cool boat show. They had a big raft canoe thing come into the river, and
the boat had like 5-6 people on it, plus someone paddling the boat. The 5-6
people would be dancing a Polynesian dance, they had boats representing Tahiti,
Hawaii, Tonga, Samoa, New Zealand ( Mauri), and Fiji, and some others. They
would do about a 5 minute dance, and then the next boat would come. It was
awesome. Then we went to a Samoa show, where a Samoan guy showed us how to do
different survival skills. He started a fire rubbing 2 sticks together, he
showed us how to shell a coconut, and then how to crack it open with a rock.
Then showed us the difference between coconut juice, and coconut meat. And that
the Coconut Milk comes from the Meat, not the juice. Then show us how to turn
the Coconut meat into milk. Then climbed a 40 foot coconut tree, just like a
squirrel. We then went to a Tonga Show, and they were showing the crowd how to
drum on drums. Do you remember that 1 ride at Disneyland, where you are flying
over California in a Hang Glider. Its like a simulator and you watch the
screen, and your seats move, and you get wet, and can feel the wind and stuff.
They have one of those at the PCC, where you fly over Hawaii, and get to see
some of the beautiful landscape. And a Hawaiian Chief guy is telling you a
story from his ancestors. It was really cool.
![]() |
| Mauck Family |
This Saturday the family we have been teaching was baptized.
So the Mauck family has 7 people in the family, the 2 youngest are Wyatt- 4 yrs
old, and Rachel- 7 yrs old. But the rest of the family, the other 5 were
baptized. Larry is the Father, Jill is the Mom, then Brittany, Vanessa, and
Megan. I think I told you guys how the Mauck family found the church, but I'm
not sure, so I'll tell you again quickly. They were homeless and had been
living on the Beach for 3 months. Our ward was having Youth Conference and was
staying at the beach for the weekend. Larry was intrigued by how many youth
there was, and what they were doing. So he went over to talk to them, and ran
into Stake President Hanneman. They started talking and became pretty good
friends, Larry was impressed by all the Youth Conference. And wanted to learn
more about the Church they belonged too. They started taking the lessons from
us, and coming to church every Sunday. President Hanneman got Larry a job at
Kuhuku Grill, and Larry was able to move his family into a home and off the
beach. And now they are baptized and members of the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-Day Saints. I'm so grateful for their family and the opportunity i had to
teach them, and help them learn more about the Gospel, and our Fathers plan for
them. Yesterday on Sunday i was able to participate in all of them Receiving
the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Being a part of those blessings was amazing, and
being able to feel the Spirit so powerfully and strongly was amazing, and I'm
grateful for that.
On Sunday we went to 8 AM church, 10 AM Church and 12 O
clock church. So i was at church all morning long, and got to go to 3 sacrament
meetings. But I'm so glad I could, because all of them had a sacrament meeting
specifically for mothers day. The Primary and Youth all sung, and also the
priesthood. I'm so grateful for my Mom and all that she has done for me, and all
that she continues to do for me. I love her so much, more than words can
describe. I'm so glad i was able to talk to the Family on Sunday, it was just
awesome! Later today we are going to go on another hike, so i gotta get going.
But I love you all, thanks for reading. Ma-halo and Aloha!!
![]() |
| Missionary Service project at the BYU Hawaii putting in a bike rack. |
Love Elder Durocher






No comments:
Post a Comment