Monday, March 31, 2014

Morgans Letter 9 / 2014 Kona, Big Island, Hawaii March 10, 2014



Hi my dear family! 
We had an awesome week we have the Salvador 2 kids planned to be baptized this coming Friday. I think they are still solid for that date, I'm not sure, they never came to church yesterday, so we might push it back a week or 2, but its for sure gonna happen. And then the Other Investigator Conrack is planning to be baptized on March 29, so please pray for them that they can both stay strong!

So on Sunday Me and Elder Moala both gave talks in Sacrament. Mine was like 17 minutes long, and Elder Moala was about 10 minutes. He spoke first, and talked about moving from Tonga to California. How they were homeless for  a while, and then how he did really well in Football. He got offered full ride scholarships by 4 major Universities, Washington, Oregon, BYU, and another in Utah, but he turned them all down to come on a Mission. He talked about his experience in a car accident, that helped him get turned around and on the right track again. He cried a lot during his talk, its a very special experience to him, he had the ward crying too.

Then my talk, i was the last speaker. I started off by sharing the experience we had Christmas Caroling in the Hospital on Christmas Day, i didn't plan on sharing it, but i felt like i should, because we had a beautiful musical number before me, and it just fit to share about the power of Music. I introduced myself, and talked about Member Missionary work, and things they can do to be missionaries, and to help push the work forward. Then i told the whole ward the Story of Laura, how she had been praying for missionaries to come, and we came and knocked on her door. I was in tears and could barely speak i was so emotional and overcome by the spirit as I shared that experience. I looked around the Ward to see many people crying again, I guess Me and My Companion are just Two Big Cry Babies! After wards a ton of people came up and thanked us for our talks, and we got a referral, and like 5 people said they want to come out with us to visit people. It was a total success in getting the ward more missionary minded, and push the work forward. It was an awesome experience.

I was able to put my car smarts to usage this week. So the Kona 1st Sister Missionaries have an Investigator who needed help on his car. So we went over, and got the tires off. He wanted us to take the Drum off to check the brakes. For the Longest time we were trying to pry the drum off, and hit it off with a hammer, then a thought popped in my head, " Maybe the Parking Break is Engaged." So I check and sure enough it was engaged, and the release lever was broken. So i got under the dash, and was able to get it to release. So then the Drum came off easy and we could check the brakes, they looked fine. Then we checked the Front brakes, and they were fine too. He had already bought New Brake Pads, New Drums, and Rotors. So we asked why he thought his brakes were bad? and His reply was ' When i drove the Car home, the Brake Light was on." haha i laughed to myself as i explained that the Brake Light means that the parking brake is engaged. I asked him if he thought it was hard to drive, and he said yeah, it was like really sluggish and wouldn't move very easy. It was fun to be able to help out, he took the parts back to the store. 

We had a great week, The Work is going well here. I Seriously love this Ward, I have grown more close to this ward, than any other one on my mission. It will be sad to leave this ward in a couple months. I am so grateful to be on my mission, there's no where else i would rather be.

Elder Morgan Durocher

No comments:

Post a Comment