Monday, October 27, 2014

AF Canyon Outing with Nick & Family and Camrie & Morgan October 11, 2014



Hello Elder & Family,
Nothing like mild temperatures to make the world a better place.  I love the fall colors and mild weather, but looming is the cold temps of winter.... But with winter brings the beautiful white wonderland and then the warming of Spring.  I'm very grateful to live in an area with the 4 seasons and the nearby access to the mountains and lakes that bring such diversity and color.

During the week Nick suggested a 4-wheeler outing to American Fork Canyon and he'd bring his Rhino over from Tooele.  I loved the idea so Morgan asked Camrie and her sister, Sierra to join us.  Nick arrived at 10am and we got Morgans wheeler loaded to the front tongue of the red trailer that had the Rhino on it and then a red wheeler was in his truck bed that was Dan's.  My 4-wheeler was on my trailer pulled by David's Jeep that Morgans been driving.  We arrived to Tibble Fork Reservoir and headed up the trail.  Nick lead the way and Oh boy, he headed up the difficult trail to Forrest Lake!  He took me on it one other time and I had to get rescued a couple times.  Well, I had hoped to manage this trip without assistance over the huge rocks, and got past the first segment well, but later got tilted in a deep rut and Nick and Michelle had to keep me from tipping too much.  Whew!  It's a lot of fun but tiring!  I thought my muscles would be more sore today, but their not! We got up to Forrest Lake and enjoyed the beautiful colors and gentle breeze.  I was surprised how many full size vehicles try making (and succeeding) at this trail with their expensive rigs.  I took photos of one Rubicon heading down the bolder strewn trail.  Crazy!  I had packed a lunch for all so it was nice to have a rest.  Morgan and Camrie were catching peanuts with their mouths and that was fun to watch.  The dynamics of heading down the trail was much easier so we arrived at the bolder patch to see another full size newer Jeep trying to get up the huge rock field.  He either broke or just took off his fender flairs to clear the rocks.  Again....crazy.  We had to hustle down as Sierra had to get back in time for work at 4pm in Provo.  After we got things cleaned up a bit the rest of us went to dinner at Chubby's in PG.  It's a great place for burger/fries and we did just that.  Camrie and I got the Chicken Hawaiian that was super good.  Nick got the Chubby's Challenge, but didn't care to eat it in 15 minutes to win.   Nick had to head off for home as Michelle had to work the night shift.  Such a great time together.  Morgan and Camrie headed off to see the movie, Meet the Mormons.  I came home and did laundry and finished preparations for my lesson on Isaiah.

I got to see Avery on Saturday morning too!  He dropped by to give me back the house key and I was so glad to see him!  He was on his way up the canyon as well to do some trail riding too. 

Yep, the lesson I'd been really looking forward to teaching as I've prepared for the last month.  I really came to appreciate the literary style of Isaiah and the ways to overcome the barriers to his difficult context.  I likened the style of Shakespeare or Talmages, Jesus the Christ as difficult text.  All of these have a style or rhythm that after you get used to the imagery or metaphors, you begin to understand the language and use of words.  I stressed the point that with the power of prayer, and the gift of interpretation, we can all be blessed to understand the message.   After all I'd studied, I hoped the class would be motivated to not shy away from such great scripture.  The best part is that when Jesus visited the Lamanites he commanded us all to learn the words of Isaiah.  3Ne. 23

Well I'm guessing this is long enough and I need to post a few pictures!  Have a great week and know that I love you so much!
Love, Mom


 Tibble Fork Reservoir - American Fork Canyon


 Camrie LaBaron

 Morgan, Camrie & her sister Sierra

 Awww cute.....Nick & Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment