Thursday, August 1, 2013

Elder Ethan Charles Durocher - Set Apart - MTC Arrival



This is the first letter written to Ethan after he arrived at the MTC, July 31, 2013

Hello,
I wanted to send these photos over to give a view of the past 24 hours.  The setting apart went very well and I appreciated Nick and Michelle coming to see Ethan as well as Dan coming back from the Farewell Sunday.  I'll send another batch here as the missionary mail can only handle 10MB of data.

Ethan seemed to handle the stress of the day very well and didn't even cry.  Of course I did!  It's a joyous time and I am so happy for his decision to serve a mission.  I look forward to Ethan's mail to see how things went in the MTC the first day and other experiences after that.  After leaving Ethan at the curb, Dan and I did some errands looking for a part to fix a towel bar at my house and then went to Costco.  Dan went back to Idaho around 6pm after fixing the towel bar and a couple outlets.  THANKS! 

I have done a few things around the house and mowed the grass.  I'm missing my fine son, but it's just an adjustment to the new normal.  Ethan, Be Strong.  You can do this and I know the Lord is by your side, helping you adjust as well.  You have been called by our Heavenly Father to serve a mission for the people of Argentina and he knows the impact you will have there.  It's all contingent upon your faith and diligence to love, learn and adjust to mission life and to give 100% to the Lord.  I know you can do it.  You can do hard things.  Faith, Courage & Willingness & Obedience.  Keep it all in your heart and open yourself to the growth, even if you sometimes don't feel like it.  I understand being 'out of sorts' and that happens for all people.  Just look to the Lord for help, guidance and courage and it will pass and you will feel the comfort of the Holy Ghost.

Well, I'd better close, but I'll send a few more photos in batch 2.
Thanks to my children for your calls, texts and support today.  Thanks Mom too!
 
Thanks,
Mom
Pictures are not in chronological order....sorry for the tilted photos too.  Its frustrating!



Elder Durocher with Stake President Troy Carpenter






On the way to the MTC, but stopped for photos in front of the Provo, Utah Temple


Ethan tucks a photo of Morgan in his pocket.  Picture from Christmas with Morgan in a super hero outfit!

Group shot of family at Ethan's Farewell Sunday









Just Set Apart as Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints



No comments:

Post a Comment