Hi Family, well the most exciting news of this week was
hearing about Ethan going to the MTC. I was at a members house, Sister
Miyasaki, and she texted Mom at about 7:30 our time, which was 11:30 Utah time.
Sister Miyasaki said she didn't want to wake my mom up, but I told her it was
fine to text her anyways. I think she texted mom and asked how Ethans MTC Entry
went? and that I love her. That was fun. Then on Friday, Mom emailed her Ethans
first letter home from the MTC, so Sister Miyasaki printed it off for me so I
could read it before Monday came. We had dinner with the Miyasaki's and
afterwards I tried to start a fire in their fire pit, so that I could burn a
shirt, for reaching my 1 year mark. But it rained like 2 hours before, so all
their wood was wet, and plus it was super super windy since the Miyasaki's live
right on the Beach front property, so we got the ocean breeze super strong. So
I couldn't start a fire and gave up, and will have to try again another time. I
tried to burn my long sleeve shirt I wore to my farewell back home, cuz it
doesn't fit me anymore its too small haha.
We didn't have very many lessons this week, most of them had
to cancel for different reasons. Sheila our investigator never came to church,
so were pushing her Baptism back a few weeks. But the Kealoha kids are still
planning on being baptized this week. Their baptism will be on Sunday afternoon
sometime, were still trying to coordinate the time. But they are really solid
and I cant wait til this weekend to witness their baptism.
We had a lesson with our Tongan Investigator Nick. He is
doing good, he keeps praying everyday but he still feels like he's not
getting the answer to his prayers. we watched a movie called "The Purpose
of Life." Its filmed back in the 80's and is kind of cheesy, but it
still has a good meaning behind it, and brought a strong spirit to our lesson.
We then shared a little bit of the plan of salvation, and answered his
questions about that. He had a question about what happens to people that
commit suicide. Then we talked more about prayer again. And we asked how he
expected to receive his answer? He said through a warm feeling in his heart,
because that's how he has felt it before. So we all bore testimony on prayer
and that he will receive and answer, and that his answer can come in different
ways or forms, or timing, but it will come. The lesson was great, the spirit
definitely there, he is doing good.
So last week I went to a place on BYU campus called
"Give and Take" So you go their and Give them something, than you get
to take something. So you can give cloths, or shoes or books or whatever, or
you can give them service. So I gave them service, they had me and my companion
fold a shelf of pants, and make them neat and straight. It took about 5 minutes
of work, then they say you can take up to 10 things. So I took a pair of shorts,
and 3 books. Which were, The Truth about Angels, Odds are your going to be
Exalted, and a book by Elder Oaks.
So far, I'm really enjoying the Odds are your going to be
Exalted book. It talks about how most Mormons think only a few of Gods Children
are going to make it back to him. Like maybe 5% will make it back to him.
But the book is saying way way more will return to the Celestial Kingdom
and be Exalted. Because God is a Perfect Parent, and why would we all
praise and Sing in the Pre Earth life when a plan was presented that
would Doom most of us. So 50% of the people that have ever lived on
the earth so far, have died before they were 8 years old, or the age of
accountability. So we know they go straight to Celestial Kingdom. Then Plus all
the Millions of Handicap that ever lived go straight to Heaven. Then the
Millions of people who got transfigured straight to Heaven, like the City of
Enoch. Then We know that more people will live on Earth during the Millennium
then have lived the earth, many times over. So billion and Billions of people
will live during the 1000 year Millenium, so Satan will be bound and they will
live in Righteousness, and free from sin and temptation. So all the people who
live in the Millennium will make it to the Celestial Kingdom and be Exalted.
Plus all the people in the Spirit World, one of the prophets I
forgot which one said, Most of the people in the Spirit world will accept
and embrace the Gospel. So there's all those people who make it to Heaven
too.
So it kind of seems like All those people "have it
easy," or have better chances but we know that God is perfectly Fair
and Just. So all of us will most likely make it to the Celestial Kingdom if we
are trying hard, and progressing every day to become more like Heavenly Father.
He loves us all and wants us to return to him. He has given us the way, the
direction, and all we need to return to him. He gave us his only Begotten Son
Jesus Christ to Suffer and Die for us, so that we can be free from Sin and
return to live with him again. The book is not saying that we don't need to do
anything in this life to be Exalted, because "The Odds are your going to
be Exalted," but it give us renewed strength and determination to serve
God, and it gives us the Hope we need to keep pressing forward and doing our
best. I know that all of us can return to Heavenly Father, and that's what
I want most for my family, is for us all to live together forever.
And to have that Goal as a Family, for us all to make it. I love this gospel
and I love my savior.
I would highly recommend reading this book, ill probably
just send the book home in a couple weeks when I finish reading it. Well
I love you all, have a fantastic week everybody!
love Elder Morgan Durocher

No comments:
Post a Comment