Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Morgan's 32nd letter in 2013 - Photos



Dear Family,
So first I guess I wanna tell you guys about an experience I had on Friday. So we were going to have a lesson at 6pm at the Visitor Center with Nick, our Tongan Investigator. So the Senior Missionaries, Elder and Sister Anderson, wanted to meet at 5 to plan out the lesson, and what to teach nick, and what Nick needed to Progress, and strengthen his testimony. So at 5 we planned that all out. At 5:50 I saw a young man I knew from Waianae, my first greenie area. So I talked to him, he said the ward was doing Baptisms for the dead and that the rest of the ward was outside at the Temple Park. So this is now like 5:53 and I want to go say hi to my old ward before the lesson starts with nick at 6. We walk outside and start walking to where we see them. When we start walking up to them it starts to drizzle a little bit of rain. So they start packing up there picnic stuff. We reach them, and help out for a second. Then 10 seconds later, were in the middle of the Biggest Rainstorm I have ever been in! The water was so thick and heavy. Everyone jumped in their cars to escape the rain, and me and my companion are just awkwardly standing outside in the rain not sure what to do. We decide to run back to the Visitor Center, which was like a quarter of a mile away. By the time we get back to the Visitor Center, we are soaked and dripping from our head to our toes. Not a single spot on us was dry. The Insides of my shoes were even soaked. And even worse we have a lesson that's starting right now. So the Andersons give us a towel, and we go to the bathroom, I took of my shirt and wringed all the water out the best I could. Then we headed to the lesson.
We did a Tour with Nick in the Visitor Center called "Gods plan for his family," where theres different rooms and you sit down and watch a little clip of a family, then move to the next room and sit down and watch another clip of the family. You move through like 6 or 7 different seats, and every chair I sat in, I left a little puddle of water on it haha! It was so Bad! like that Thunderstorm was the worst possible timing ever! The minute we go outside to see someone I know, a massive thunderstorm hits a minute later!

We went and visited a family named the Polotu family. They are a Tongan family living in my ward. He is a professional wood worker, like carving wood, and making sculptures, and Polynesian weapons, and Hawaiian canoes and stuff too. I was so amazed by all of his work, I have never seen someone so skilled in something. Ill send you some pictures. One of his projects ( and ill send a pic) is 2 people on it, 1 pounding taro in a bowl, and the other is making a cloth. He said its valued at $200,000 (200 grand), but he's going to sell it to the Polynesian Cultural Center for 100 grand. He's done a lot of sculptures for big companies, and organizations. He's a super awesome nice guy, next time we go over, hes gonna help us make Polynesian Weopons of War.

So like a couple months ago I was telling you guys about the Reed family. Tanoai Reed is the one who is Dwayne Johnson ( The Rock) 's stunt devil and also his cousin. His wife Suzanne and Son, Samson, went to stay with him in Hungary for the Summer, cuz They are filming Hercules right now. But Suzanne and Samson got home this week so we went to see them. She told us about Hungary, and about the Movie, cuz she got to watch them film it. And she Said that Tanoai is headed to film Fast and Furious 6 in a couple months. And that He signed a contract to be in Fast and Furious 7, 8 and 9. So just a heads up, that in the future 7,8 and 9 are going to be coming out.  They are a super cool family, Suzanne and Samson got baptized like 6 months ago, right before I got here. And Tanoai has always been a member but has been less-active his whole life. Before Suzanne left to Hungary we always invited her to come to church, but she never came, I don't think she felt comfortable without her husband at church. But She came to Church yesterday! and We didn't even invite her to come to church, she came by herself, it was such a miracle!!

Well that's all I can think of. I love you all, and have a great week!

Elder Durocher

Guys in the Zone

This is the 16 year old Mini Missionary that came out with us for 4 days. His name is Shang hai Lin

This is the Wooden Carving that is getting sold for 100 grand
Me and my friend "Afatuiola Aheliotu Kai Keamulu Te Ofa Atu Kama'aina Terapaka Tei Tuiono Fa Ma Saka"

Six foot chain saw!



No comments:

Post a Comment