Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Ethan's letter - 25 / 2014 Transfer to Necochea, Argentina June 30, 2014



Dear Family,
Well the sad story of the fact that Elder Connors and I got separated..... I'm on my way to a place called Necochea, I'm in Bahía Blanca due to bad communication and we missed 2 buses... yeah not sure how that happened.. wasn't our fault at all but its all good. I am very sad to not serve with Elder Connors anymore, he has become a brother to me and by far the best companion I have had in the Mission so far. He is a grand example and taught me so many things. I'll send pictures next week.
   This last week in the Transfer was full of Sickness and Medical things. We both got sick with the Flu or something so we were in the house more time then we wanted... We had a lot of things we wanted to do but its all good, not much happened this week though... but I'll tell you about a miracle that happened in the Zone.
   Elder Connors and I fasted last Sunday to Monday, and our Zone Leaders thought it was a good idea so we did a zone fast for the last week of the transfer, where we had two missionaries fasting everyday that week, so we changed who fasted everyday 24 hours. Elder Virden and Elder Cardenas who were on Exchanges were approached by a women asking if they had things on the Jehovah Witnesses, and then they started talking to her. Turns out she had just been praying to "Find God" and saw them in the street latter on. In the End they find that out and that she has assisted the church before, so it was Tuesday when they found her(Laura) and they put a Baptismal Date for Sunday, and she was baptized!!!
   Really there are people who are prepared to find the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we just have to strive to find them and put our Faith in the Lord. I am so grateful for this experience that we had as a Zone and that i see it progress. I know that the Church is true!!! and hey i found out in church, something that i never recognized is, to believe in the testimonies of others is one of the Gifts from God! so yeah!!! that's part of my testimony.
Love you all!!!
Con Amor, Elder Ethan C. Durocher!!

No comments:

Post a Comment