Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Morgan's 28th Letter, Wahiawa, Oahu, Hawaii July 21, 2014



Aloha my family and friends. haha never mind its probably just Mom who reads this anyways, lets be honest. I'm sure everyone else just skips right over my letters haha! :)

Aloha Mom!! ;) Its so Crazy that im here writing one of my last letters to my family. Hopefully I will get to send one next week but who knows what will happen! I want to say thanks to everyone for supporting me. Thanks Mom and Dad for Writing me so much, you both have written me every single week! Which has given me something to look forward to every single week, and help me to feel the support that's behind me back home. Mom I looked at the Email Settings, and it said that like Half of My Total Emails I got on my mission were from YOU! So thanks so Much! I have tried to write as much as I can every single week in hopes that All of you guys back home can learn something from my experiences, and have a deeper faith in this Wonderful Gospel, and know the Spiritual Experiences that I have had on my mission.

This Saturday was a Crazy Day!! So It started of at 5:45 Am when we woke up, so that we could play basketball at the church with all the Elders, and 2 members. After about an hour we finished up. Me and Elder Morco brought our Towel, and a change of cloths, and our Suit. So we showered at the church and got in our Church cloths, and started setting up the baptism that was gonna happen at 9Am. So While this is going on, I hear Someone Start yelling my name, DUROCHER, DUROCHER, DUROCHER!!

 I run out of the Relief Society room where I was getting stuff ready, and I see the Baptismal Font Overflowing!! And Water is starting to Pour Into the Bathroom! The Room where we shut off the water was closed and locked for some reason. So were running around trying to get the water off. Finally Morco has to jump in the Water and Pull the Plug so it can start draining, and get the Water turned off. All the Water Morco Displaced from his body flooded into the Bathrooms. So We spent the Next 10 minutes using brooms to sweep the water back into the Baptismal Font! It was Crazy what it all turned out okay. A few members showed up early and saw us in the Madness trying to get the water turned off. Their was 4 Elders, and like 20 members cleaning the Chapel, but no one saw the Font Overflowing before it was too late.

The baptism turned out Great! There was complications and last minute problems just like every baptism I have been to. But as soon as it starts their is a special Peace that overcomes you to know that it is finally happening, and the day you been looking forward to is here. Their Was such a special peaceful spirit there, and it was great to be a part of it, and see the Progress LJ has made to get their.

So last Story! Sunday right before Church Started, the Ward Clerk asked me if I could share  couple minute Testimony in Church, so I agreed. So im sitting on my Bench during the Opening Song, and start looking through the Program and This is What I See: Speaker..............Elder Durocher. Haha I was the Main Speaker, along with another guy in the Ward. Their was 1 youth speaker right before me. So I would have to take up 15 minutes or so! Missionaries always get asked to do things last minute, so I wasn't too worried. I had a lot of thoughts and things I wanted to say about missionary work. And a few stories to share, so the 15 minutes went super fast! I think I went over too, maybe more like 20 minutes. by the End of my Talk the Spirit came over me so strong, causing me to start crying like a baby while sharing an experience I had on my mission in a previous area.

Well I love you All, have a great week!!!

Elder Morgan Durocher

No comments:

Post a Comment