Monday, December 30, 2013

Durocher Christmas Celebration Dec. 25th & 29th 2013



I don't know why this has goofy spacing....I tried to fix it but it did it again... Sorry about the peculiar look.  I'm assuming it looks odd to those reading as it has spacing problems when I post the letter, but it looks correct when I set up the letter to post....???








Hello Elders!
What a strange week this has been. Strange in the way Christmas was midweek
and now it's the weekend with more Christmas Celebration for the
Durochers! I wanted to start this letter early as tomorrow may be a little busy in
the late afternoon. I'm having everyone here for dinner and gift opening on
Sunday (except Annalisa was given her's before when she was here for the
Wedding.)
It was SO great to talk and see both of you on Christmas Day! What I wanted
most for Christmas was for you both to see and talk to each other and I was so
blessed to have that happen! I thank The Lord dearly for time to line up that
Morgan was just ending his time, and Ethan came a little before 3pm so that
both of you were online at the same time! I was overjoyed! You both looked
great and it was such a blessing to be able to use Skype and SEE you with
mine eyes! Whooot! It was funny too because we had Nick on his cell phone
trying to get lined up for the Skype video window and then we filmed both of you
talking, which Mike put on my computer! I was glad your Dad arrived to see you
both as well. Nothing like technology to bring Utah, Hawaii and Santa Rosa,
Argentina together! I'm amazed! I'm grateful! It was sure hard to end the
conversation with Ethan...finally it was Lindsay who pushed the button! I just
couldn't do it! My heart is so full of gratitude to be able to have our Christmas
shared with both of you! After we let Ethan go, and I'm saying again, That was
Hard... Mike had to go get his friend Alicia and her son Tegan back to Tooele,
and David and Lindsay were due at her Grandparents for Christmas dinner, and
Dan had to meet up with Denise in SLC to look at lights.....Ummm, Mom was
going to be alone! Nawww...David & Lindsay invited me to come with them so I
hurried to gather my things and followed them to SLC. Lindsays family was so
nice and welcomed me the party crasher to their table and it was a joyful
evening. Such a nice family and I'm so grateful to Lindsay for having me come,
and impressed by how genuine her extended family is. By 8:30pm or so, D&L
headed up to Park City where they were staying for their honeymoon, and I
headed home, quite satisfied with the day! I didn't have to work on the 26th, but
I went in anyway because the house was a bit too quiet! I got a lot of catch up
work done on Thursday and Friday at work as the phone was very quiet as well!
Nice! I left a tad early too and went to the mall to browse. Found a good deal
on some earrings and just walked around.
Today, I cleaned things up at home and am getting prepared for the boys and
families to come. I made Stuffing, but not in a turkey, and my famous fudge! I'll
make the Curry Chicken and Broccoli for Sunday dinner and then we will open
gifts.
I'm very excited about one special gift I want to tell you about. Each one of
your siblings, MIke, Nick, David and Annalisa each donated $100 to the LDS 1
Mission Fund! You each received $50 from your 4 siblings to equal $200 each,
that went toward your mission! I sent the money through our ward so you'd both
have your mission accounts funded for December! I've wanted to tell you for
several weeks, but figured this letter after Christmas was the best time. Sweet
ehh! I am so overcome with love and gratitude for all my children!
12-29-13 David and Lindsay arrived last night and we checked out a gadget
that David was gifted by Lindsays brother in law who works for BestBuy. It's
called Google Cast and it transmitts from a phone or ipad or computer to the TV
screen! It was pretty cool!
Today after church the fun began with cooking the Sunday dinner meal. Nick
and family arrived and then Michael and Gavin. As food had to cook an hour,
we opened gifts and I first talked about the service of the Missionaries and the
devotion they have given to their missions and how we can best support them
as a family. Then we opened the other family gifts and most enjoyable was
watching the children! Cambree's favorite of the day was what Oma gave her in
a little color book, crayon, and sticker set in a plastic case! She was done after
getting that! Thanks Oma for the Nevada banners! Home Means Nevada to
Me!
All was going smoothly until I saw the rice didn't start cooking, so since we had
to wait some more, the boys took downstairs the 7 foot door I had gotten from
my work and set it up in Annies old room downstairs. We arranged the room to
fit the door now made table. I plan on putting up the Playmobil scenes like a
little multi-century city, complete with the train set! I've always wanted to set up
the different sets like the victorian dollhouse, the castle, the pirate ship, the
Indians and the various other sets I have collected over the past nearly 30
years! Michael was a baby when I discovered the German toys.
Well, the group of us did a great job of eating and making merry for our
Durocher family Christmas Day. I couldn't let people go without dividing up the
leftovers and sending it with them. Then we took a group photo and held up
photos of Ethan, Morgan and Annie! Not a complete photo with out the ones
out of town. I need to get a photo blown up of Annie with Apollo as he's become
a part of the clan! I'm a happy Mama this Christmas having talked to my
missionaries and to share the good times of the season with my children. Life is
Good!
The New Year is soon upon us and it's amazing to be 2014! Morgan is blessed
with 7 remaining months to give his best to his mission and Ethan will soon
have his first 6 months in the mission field! Wow! I'm so grateful for my family
and the people I get to hear call me Mom! Have a terrific New Years and God
Bless You Everyone!
Love, Mom <3 br="">

No comments:

Post a Comment