Photos show Mike and Nick hauling
in sheet rock to Nicks basement. Gavin even held the 80lb rock with Nick
and walked 8 steps or so. Strong fellow! The basement room you see
is what the group of us accomplished on Friday after Thanksgiving.
Hello Family,
Gotta love a short work week! The tasks at CMA were all
about getting the 350 Christmas cards printed and ready for
mailing. With that CMA is interviewing so that interrupted the
efforts a bit, but it all worked out. Wednesday I went visiting
teaching and prepared for my trip to Tooele. David had provided the
Turkey as a gift from his work, so I made Stuffing and Sweet Potatoes, and
Thursday when I got to Nicks house, Mike and I stuffed the bird and dressed it
for the oven. While we waited, Michelle and I took a ride in Nicks
newly repaired Rhino in the field near their house and I drove it too.
Nick then took me for a spin and soon the kids wanted to go for a
ride! David and Lindsay had arrived Wed. night at Mikes house and they
made some fabulous rolls. Michelle made potatoes and jello salad, and
Mike a huge green salad. Annie and Apollo soon arrived with 2 wonderful
pies, Pumpkin which Annie made herself from scratch...even boiling the pumpkin
and the other was Lemon, made by Apollo's mom. It was great having
everyone pitch in and by 4pm we were ready to eat. Hayden went to town on
his plate and Cambree as seen by the photo is very careful how she eats. (Nick
was that way as a toddler) Annie and Apollo had to return later that night, so
we sang Happy Birthday to her and I gave her a basket of herbal teas. David was
somewhat included in that, but I failed to make the connection that the song
was for both of them. Sorry Davey!
Later in the evening, Mike headed out to battle the Black Friday
shoppers for the midnight openings. He got some great deals and is
satisfied that his holiday shopping is over. I have no desire to early
shop on Black Friday so I enjoyed helping Nick work on his basement and later
went out to a couple stores with David and Lindsay. A downstairs bedroom
got completed with sheet rock on Friday and then Saturday we got more sheet rock
to help get the heavy stuff downstairs. Little by little, Nick and
Michelle will hang more sheet rock on the walls, but the ceiling will need more
help to hold the sheets up. Nick got the rest of the basement
family room wired for can lights and ceiling lights to the appropriate wall
switches. That will give the project a head start to being more living
space for them. It is sure awesome for all to have Mike and Nick living
next to each other as time is spend going back and forth. At Michaels
house we put up a fresh Christmas tree he bought and looked through a couple
boxes I brought from my house with extra lights and decorations. Gavin
had a fun time decorating the tree and his bedroom with lights. I found a
cool puzzle at DI and he put together the 3-D safari animals. By Saturday
evening, Hayden wasn't feeling well and so I helped with him Sunday morning
while Michelle taught her YW lesson at church. It was a great time to be
together and have a productive task to do with helping Mike decorate for
Christmas and to help Nick get his basement started with sheet rock.
David and Lindsay left for SLC to go ice skating with Lindsays family on
Friday. Lindsay's family has a fun tradition on Christmas. Instead
of the Turkey dinner spread, they have a Seafood buffet with all kinds of
variety. I think that's a really fun idea! I sure loved spending
time with everyone individually. Michelle, Cambree and I cut and
peeled some apples and put them on a dehydrator and sprinkled them with
cinnamon and sugar. After a couple hours in the dryer, they were like
candy! Cambree being her cute self, says the most adorable things!
I'm glad Michelle writes them down when she says them.!
Mike got me set up with Skype on my iPad. I'll be excited to talk with Ethan at Christmas so making sure it's all
working correctly. I don't want any technical difficulty at that time!
Well, that's the run down of what happened here, but I've had both
you missionaries on my mind so much each day. Always know you are thought
of and spoken of and considered here at home. Not an hour goes by that I
pray for you to know your Savior is beside you and you will know which way to
serve Him on your mission. I hope Ethan's week has gone well and if
Transfers happen, then it will be a smooth transition. I have faith in
you, Morgan and Ethan, that your service to the Lord in your mission areas is
the place you need to be to best do the work of sharing the Gospel.
Ethan's challenges of the language, coupled with being further from his homeland,
is testament that Ethan has the strength to uphold his testimony and be valiant
in his faith to serve well the people of Argentina. It is no small thing
you are doing and remember again, You Can Do Hard Things! You have the
best tutor, our Brother Jesus Christ.
I love you my fine sons and be well, be happy, be strong, be
courageous, be obedient, and I will do the same.
Love you, Mom <3>3>

No comments:
Post a Comment