Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Ethan's 11th letter in Argentina Nov. 25, 2013

Rolling in the Deep


  I know that there is a song called Rolling in the Deep by Adele, but that title is how i feel here. In the states in Utah County, Utah growing up with not a worry. For the most part it was a safe and sheltered bubble and you wouldn't know anything different. That you can be happy and safe and not have to worry about things because every one for the most part is L.D.S: I know there's rotten eggs, but for the most part its safe. Well that's like the little plastic pool that you buy for kids to swim in for the summer. I happened to roll my self into the deep end of that pool, and now I'm swimming in the ocean, instead of a half a foot deep child's pool. There are places in the world who don't have anything near this luxury of the Utah county bubble. I have a friend from the MTC who's in Mexico and he was woken up by a gun fight outside his house on the corner at 5 AM, and hes in the better part of the city. I have other friends in the worst part of that same city. I am in Santa Rosa, La Pampa, Argentina and I am safe. I am in a good area that has good people. but is far from the place that i lived in Utah. I do have fear of being robbed, or our house being robbed, but id only be sad to lose the photos of my family and friends i have on my camera, etc.. I have been swimming in the ocean for almost 4 months and i have become weak and tired and wanted to stop swimming because it was just easier that way, but our Creator put a "Will" to live that we can not over power. I mean this figuratively. There has been rough patches and hard times.

     I have been in this area for 3 months and nothing, no baptism, no progressing investigators, no one. Then Sunday it was a cold, cloud covered day in the summer here, and we were standing out side the church waiting for people and that investigators we had invited to church would come. and its was already 9 o´clock and no one.... I looked up at the sky, as it was sprinkling and "threw up a prayer!" That we could have someone show up and be able to help these people here, as a looked down a taxi pulled up and i looked inside......... and........ it was a member... i was happy that they could come, i greeted her and she passed and went inside. the taxi was still sitting there and a white car pulled up with the darkest tinted windows i have ever seen(because there's no laws about that here) i couldn't see into the car. it sat there with nothing happening for what felt like minutes. Then the Door opened and Mijael(10) and Eloisa(13) got out of the Car!!! They are brother and sister who said they wanted to come for many weeks but never got the opportunity to do so, on Saturday we talked to there dad and my companion invited them to come to church and the dad promised that he would try to take them. My companion just forgot to tell me... I know that the lord answers our prayer and even I, a tired, discouraged, wet, 18 year old missionary, got an answer and a blessing so simple that helped me so much!!!  I am so glad to be able to Serve a mission for our Savior Jesus Christ.
To my Family: Hope you eat enough to eat my portion of moms stuffing and turkey and all that heavenly food that she makes. We don't have it here, so ill have to make up for it in 2 years, but I am so Thankful for you and all you have done for me. I miss you tons and cant wait to be re-united as a family, but right now we are apart. As people always say distance makes the heart grow fonder or stronger or something like that. I have realized how important my family is, I knew before but never had anything to test me and how i felt. I feel like a parts missing for me, but i know the lord is lighting that feeling and is blessing me with other things and strengths. I hope that you have an amazing week and I love you all.
To Everyone else that I love: Thank you is the only word that can describe what needs to be said. So I say again Thank you!

    I love you all so much!!
Con Amor Elder Ethan C. Durocher

No comments:

Post a Comment