Aloha Family,
Oh yeah 1 more thing!! so
Jordan and Lani, the couple that i baptized in Waianae, They called me last
week on the phone. And Asked if they could come visit me in Waipahu, and have
lunch with them! So we met at McDonalds and had a lunch with them, it was so
much fun to see them and catch up with them!! I miss them, they are doing super
good.
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Morgan Durocher <morgan.durocher@myldsmail.net>
wrote:
Whats up Familia?!!? Me and Elder Jensen set up a Zone
Exchange this week on Tuesday. So i went with Elder Doxey in the Marshalese
Ward. So his area is the whole Island, because he covers the Marshalese Ward.
We mostly stayed around Waipahu, and Honolulu, we had a super fun day! We
taught a ton of lessons too! Like 8 in one day, it was awesome!!!
So we got our transferred news!! I'm getting Transferred to
the Big Island, in the Kona Zone again, same zone as i was in the first time i
was on Big Island! President Called an gave me a special assignment to be with
an Elder who is Struggling, and had a rough training. President Warner said he
needs my help with this, being a normal missionary, and showing this new Elder
the Ropes, and then wants me back to Zone Leader in a little while. It was
totally surprising news, but i am super happy serving where ever the Lord needs
me the most. I'm excited to go back to the Big Island, maybe I will see some of
the member's from my old ward!! I am grateful for this opportunity to be a regular
missionary again. Being a Zone Leader is good, but has lots of administration
things, and stuff that takes up your precious proselyting time. So I'm excited
for that, I'm gonna have to lighten up my suitcases a little bit, so be
expecting a few boxes mom haha!
So this week Me and Elder Mauga were tracting and knocking
on doors. First house we knocked on they invited us in and gave us some juice.
Then we taught a mini restoration to them. Then Elder Mauga taught her a little
while in Samoan, not exactly sure what he taught. But they weren't super open,
they are kinda strong in their church. But they said they would take a Book of Mormon and read it, and pray about it after that. Then a little while later we
knocked on a door and talked to this lady named Sarah. She said we could pray
with her, and for her family. We prayed for her, and Testified of the Holy
Ghost, and shared our Testimony of Prayer, and Holy Ghost, and Baptism. Then i
asked her if she would be Baptized! And shes like "When?" Then i told
her sometime next month, we would want to teach her a little more about the
Gospel. Then she Said YES!! she would want to be baptized. It was super amazing
miracle that we found to see her. Heavenly Father really is preparing people
for us to teach, and for us to help be baptized.
I'm so grateful for the Gospel and for all that it has done
to help me, and strengthen my Faith. I have seen so many miracles here in
Waipahu, and I'm grateful for all the spiritual experiences that i have had
here. I'm so glad to be a missionary. I know Heavenly Father blesses us when we
give him everything, and leave everything up to him. I have learned a lot from
Elder Jensen, he is super awesome. He taught me so many things, and so many
qualities. I read Jacob 4 verse 10.
10 Wherefore, brethren, seek
not to acounsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For
behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in bwisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his
works.It just touched me as I read it this morning. Love you All have a great week!!
Elder Durocher
|
This is Me, Jordan and Lani, My baptism in my first area!
|
|
Me
and Elder Faitau when we went bowling as a zone last P-Day
|
|
Me and Elder Belnap
|

No comments:
Post a Comment