Monday, November 11, 2013

Morgan's 44th letter/photos Waipahu Zone Nov. 8, 2013



Dear Family,
I had an awesome amazing wonderful week!!! I'm excited to tell you all about it!! So Saturday was a big day! in the morning at 8 Am, i drove to Honolulu to grab the 25 passenger mission van, to help someone move. Some senior missionaries got transferred to the PCC in Laie, so we helped pack up all their belongings, which filled the whole van, and unloaded it in Laie. It was fun to see everyone in Laie, all the elders i served with there. So cool story, i was stuck in heavy traffic in Laie, (i swear that's not the cool part haha) and then randomly i see a car pull off a side street, and squeeze through traffic, and pull in right behind me. I look in my mirror and notice it was missionaries!! It was Elder Temahuki, and Elder Dzieman. So i wave for them to follow me to the Senior Sisters house to help us unload. I didn't have their phone  number to call them and ask them to help, but it was a miracle that they pulled in right behind me, and i could wave for them to come help. 

Saturday around 3pm the Baptism of Madreen, Rocky, and Atrik started. It was a little bit stressful morning, i barely made it back to the baptism on time from helping the sisters move, and getting everything organized too. But as soon as it started all stress, and all worries faded away, and was replaced with peace and happiness, and excitement. I had been waiting for this for weeks and weeks, and the time had finally arrived!! So we had a wonderful talk on Baptism, by the Bishops wife Sister Fuller. Then Me and Madreen went into the Baptismal Font. I remember saying her name clearly, and then the words to the prayer. I felt the simple peace from the Holy Ghost so strong as i said the prayer. Remember everything we had gone through together to get her here, and all that she has learned, and how much she has changed since we first met her. I then layed her in the water, and brought her back up. Tears filled her eyes, and a joy and happiness radiated from her face, as we both stood there. She looked so clean, like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders, She look like a bran new person, with a new start in life. Then i helped her walk up the stairs and we stood at the top of the stairs as Elder Jensen Baptized her 2 sons Rocky and Atrik. This seriously was probably one of the greatest moments on my mission so far. So be able to see a family that we met knocking doors, to enter into the waters of baptism, and to be there to help them every step of the way. It makes every hard time, every struggle, every tear, every drop of sweat, every door slammed in our face, every canceled lesson, every early morning, every time we got yelled at, every fight, every pain, and every sad time, BEING ABLE TO SEE THEM BAPTIZED MADE ALL OF IT WORTH IT!! 

Sunday was their confirmation, Elder Jensen confirmed Madreen a member of the church, and gave her the Holy Ghost. In his blessing he mentioned the path she has taken and promised blessings as she remained faithful, he gave a beautiful blessing to her. I remember during the confirmation, my legs started to feel shaky and wobbly. Like they were about to give out, i made sure my knees were a little bent, that i wasn't cutting off circulation from locking me knees.  But that wasn't what was  causing me to tremble. It was the Holy Ghost.  It was the same feeling that i had, the very first time i gave a blessing in the MTC. The Holy Ghost was flowing through me and going into Madreen. Leaving my body weak and tired. Just like Lehi after he saw the Pillar of Fire, or Joseph Smith after the first vision he had no strength and fell asleep. I felt a glimpse of that on Sunday as we confirmed Madreen a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and Gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost. After Church we asked Madreen how she felt during the Confirmation, and she said, she felt like she was floating the whole time, like her body was light, and in space. She Said she felt like the whole time it felt like a wind was rushing into her where our hands were at, like she could feel the Holy Ghost going through us and into her.

I then had the Wonderful opportunity of Confirming Rocky and Atrik next. The Holy Ghost led my words and left a wonderful blessing and also a promise. In Rocky's Confirmation I blessed him that he would be a great example to his younger Brothers, that he they would see his example, and desire to be more like Christ. I blessed Rocky, that even though he is Legally Blind, if it be his desire, he would be able to Serve a Full-Time Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I blessed Rocky that he would do well in school, and learn all the things he needs to. And that he will be able to help take care of the family.

In Atrik's Confirmation I said he would be a leader in the Church and the Kingdom, if he stays true and faithful. I blessed him that he would have the strength to make right choices, even when his friends were making bad decisions. I blessed him that he would be able to Recognize, and Develop his spiritual Gifts and Talents. And That his talents will be used for good, and to strengthen Gods Kingdom. And many other things in His Blessing.  It was a powerful opportunity to give the blessing to them in Sacrament Meeting. I don't know if i remember a time that i felt the Holy Ghost lead my words as much as i did during the confirmations. I think it was one of the times in my life i have felt the gift of the Holy Ghost the most strong. It was a wonderful experience. 

So on Tuesday we had a Temple Trip. I seriously have come to love the Temple so much!! I wish i could go every week!! I feel like i received so much revelation, and so many answers as i sat through the Session. I wish i had a notebook to write down all the things i learned. There wasn't any big huge spectacular miraculous events, where i had a voice speak to me or anything. But I feel like i had so many ideas pop in my head, so many times where i was like " oh i get it, that makes so much sense", or times where the spirit pressed on my feelings and made something stick out to me, or impressions that came to my mind, or times i just felt so good and peaceful and happy and comforted. Its really hard to describe, but i had an amazing experience in the temple, Probably more than any other time i have been to the temple before. Then in the last waiting room i sat their in my chair praying, and then i flipped open the Scriptures to D&C 75:1-5. I really love that passage. And then i kept reading through that chapter, and into D&C 76. I love the Scriptures!! After the temple trip we ate lunch with Makakilo Zone (Because their temple trip was the same time as us), Waipahu Zone, and some of the Elders in Laie.

Well i love you All. Thanks Mike for that Email that you sent to me, It really means a lot to me, and thanks for taking the time to write, and tell me some of your feelings and thoughts. I love you so much Mike, and Always pray for you and Gavin, and of course the rest of the family haha! Have a great week everyone!!

Love Elder Morgan James Durocher

Me, Elder Dzieman, Mauga, & Temahuki, after helping move in the Senior Sisters

Senior Sisters that we helped move from Waipahu to Laie. Sister ERikson, Tisdale, And Fielding.

Me and the Jack Family at their Baptism
Me, Madreen, Rocky, Atrik, Madreen, and Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment