Then I went for a bike ride on the Murdock Canal Trail - Nov. 17, 2013
Hello
Elders,
This is the season of checklists! Organizing the tasks, getting them done....check! Good to stay organized, and one check off means focusing on the next item. I'm sure you have that with Missionary work too. The coolest check list item that felt great was getting Morgan's birthday box in the mail and Ethan's large envelope for Christmas. Ethan advised me not to send a package as it may be tampered with and it will cost a lot and anything I might send may be extra baggage for him. So a something special is in the mail for him and it's likely it will only matter to Ethan and it should arrive to him in time. ELDER ETHAN....when you get it...OPEN IT! It is to be enjoyed before Christmas. It felt great knowing both boys were taken care of.
This week we had our annual CMA Harvest Lunch which is always very tasty and I enjoy setting the table for the group of 14. I should have taken a picture of it! It was very autumn like. I've been wrapping CMA Christmas gifts as well. All 50 of them! It's a very nice gift, so it will be fun to give to clients.
I've been collecting items to make a shadow box frame and I worked on it Saturday. I started it, then went shopping and ended up at the Traverse Mtn. Outlet mall and it happen to be the tree lighting event and there were tons of people there. I was glad I was leaving as it started because the amount of congestion it caused. You'd think it was Time Square or something! I did go in to Levi's to just see, and thought of Ethan when he worked there. I found a great sale at the Van Heusen store and got a blouse for 80%off! At Cabela's I found some wool socks I needed to wear at home. I finished the shadow box after I got home and as it is a draft fit, I need to glue it all down.
This is the season of checklists! Organizing the tasks, getting them done....check! Good to stay organized, and one check off means focusing on the next item. I'm sure you have that with Missionary work too. The coolest check list item that felt great was getting Morgan's birthday box in the mail and Ethan's large envelope for Christmas. Ethan advised me not to send a package as it may be tampered with and it will cost a lot and anything I might send may be extra baggage for him. So a something special is in the mail for him and it's likely it will only matter to Ethan and it should arrive to him in time. ELDER ETHAN....when you get it...OPEN IT! It is to be enjoyed before Christmas. It felt great knowing both boys were taken care of.
This week we had our annual CMA Harvest Lunch which is always very tasty and I enjoy setting the table for the group of 14. I should have taken a picture of it! It was very autumn like. I've been wrapping CMA Christmas gifts as well. All 50 of them! It's a very nice gift, so it will be fun to give to clients.
I've been collecting items to make a shadow box frame and I worked on it Saturday. I started it, then went shopping and ended up at the Traverse Mtn. Outlet mall and it happen to be the tree lighting event and there were tons of people there. I was glad I was leaving as it started because the amount of congestion it caused. You'd think it was Time Square or something! I did go in to Levi's to just see, and thought of Ethan when he worked there. I found a great sale at the Van Heusen store and got a blouse for 80%off! At Cabela's I found some wool socks I needed to wear at home. I finished the shadow box after I got home and as it is a draft fit, I need to glue it all down.
I've seen vintage collections like this, but I wanted to put our family photos in this one. From top left to right, Charles Alfred Heller (Grandpa's father, I'm guessing High School basketball 1925ish) CAH again when he was in the Navy...guessing 1930ish, Dashing Jack Heller, your Grandpa in 1960. He would have been 27 yrs. old, Next is Oma's mother on the left, and Aunt Isabel on the right, a friend Helen is in the middle.
Bottom left, Aunt Isabel and Uncle Bob and the note said they were engaged. Not sure what year. Then it's Uncle Mac and ME! I was two or three and that would be 1965ish as it looks to be summer. Next is Charles Alfred Heller again, a favorite Navy picture. Then it's Elizabeth, or nicknamed Betty who is Oma's mother. I love old photos so this was really inspiring to design.
Church was great as always and after I ate lunch I took a bike ride down the Murdock Canal Trail, south to Lindon. I went 8-9 miles and the cool weather was great. As we had a big snowstorm yesterday, it was great to feel the warmth of the sun. Plus it was fun to see the back side of the neighborhoods I passed through along Canyon Road, clear down to Lindon. I took a lot of photo's so I'll attach them in another email after I resize them. Mt. Timp is snow capped and looking very pretty. The valley with the Temple in the background is also lovely.
While I was on my ride, I thought about perspective. I had only seen the trail from Canyon road everyday on my way to work. I've wanted to see the trail since it was completed last year. I didn't want winter to pass and still wonder what the view was from the Trail so I was glad today presented itself as the perfect time. I think many times in life if we have multiple perspectives it helps us understand the many sides of the same thing. Now when I drive to work I'll remember my lovely ride along the mountain side and I will have greater appreciation for the landscape. On your missions you are getting a new perspective of the same Gospel, the same Church, people in general, but now your understanding is much broader and the love and capacity you have is growing and expanding to include a new culture and country. How blessed you are to have this opportunity! How blessed I am to hear of your experiences through letters. Thank you so much for bringing your perspective of your mission to me through sharing what you are going through. I appreciate Ethan's honesty in his letters and his fortitude to keep his testimony grounded and allowing himself to grow to a better man. It takes a lot of courage to do what he is doing, both you missionaries, and I can't tell you enough how proud I am of you, every single day!
I so loved your photo's Ethan! Especially the HEART ROCK! That was so cool! It was good to see you looking great and happy. I'm sure with the hot season coming up you'll be glad to have short hair, plus it's easy to get up and go in the morning I'm sure.
Morgan, Thanks so much for your birthday letter! It was awesome and I'm so grateful for you and your huge heart. It was a little rough before you left, but being the OLDER and WISER mother, I knew what you were doing in trying to detach before you left. No matter how people try to prepare, it's hard to leave family for 2 years. It will be a joyous day when Ethan gets back and we are together again. But for now, Get to work and know your family is waiting for you, so focus on the now and be the best missionary you can be.
I love you so much and xoxoxoxoxoxoxox for you!
Love,
Mom <3 br="">
Have a terrific day!3>

No comments:
Post a Comment