Dear Family,
This week
has been a pretty interesting week for me. My companion and I haven't really had
all that much success, and on top of the we don't have any investigators
progressing, that means they haven't come to church. Yet we continue to work
hard every week and do our best. Until I found one of the Elders in our house
who had another phone that was a personal one. I told my Comp. who is a Zone
Leader who is training me, and he talked with his Zone Leader Comp who is
training Elder Paskett(he was in the MTC with me). We end up searching this Latino Elders room the next day or so and find the found and his texting
conversations with a girl. Lets just say that he wasn't talking about the gospel
or anything even close to anything okay for a normal person whose not a
missionary to talk about. I say this because, My comp and him went to Bahia
Blanca to talk with our mission president. The next day Elder Huey(other zone
leader) got a call and Parkes said that there will be emergency changes. I am
now with Elder Wightman, and Parkes is with this missionary who had the phone.
This was extremely hard for me to understand and be okay with because Parkes is
like my Papá in the mission field or father and I'm his Hijo(son). I had
conference to help humble me and the phrase,
"What does the Lord want
me to learn from this?"
On that term, I
loved conference and the ability to receive modern revelation. I know that my
Mission President is Called from a Prophet and following the guidance of the
Holy Ghost. I pray that we all can follow the example of Jesus Christ and love
all no matter what.
Micheal I know for a
fact, with out a doubt that you received minor damage to your body because of
the service that Morgan and I are doing. I pray every day for our family
multiple times a day, and ask that our family is blessed. I know that Jesus
Christ Our Savior blessed you in that crash, there is something that you need
to learn from this incident. I don't know what it is, but you need to find that
out. Like my Farewell Talk, with Dad, His live was saved so many times, so that
WE his children could share the gospel and help others who so need it in there
lives. I ask with a broken heart and contrite spirit, that you will read the
Book of Mormon, and Pray about this book of testimonies of its truth once
again. Pray with a Broken Heart and Contrite Spirit and you will receive an
answer! I know that with all my heart. I don't say this for any other reason,
then I love you with all of my heart and the Durocher's Have HUGE hearts. I know
that Christ loves you more then you could ever imagine and he wants to to come
back into his fold, back into his gospel and reap the blessing that come from
going to church and having the Holy Priesthood of Jesus Christ in your possession always. Also to have that constant companion of the Holy Ghost. I
want you to know that you mean the world to me and when i read that letter from
mom about you accident, all i could think about is how i knew you would be okay
because of the Faith that I have in Christ. I knew that you had more to do in
this world for your son Gavin, and more to do for yourself, because you deserve
more! I promise that you if you come unto Christ he will bless your life more
then you could imagine, but you need to back that first step, you need to open
the door. Christ is waiting for that moment. Please Please Please find the time
to do these things, I know that as you do, you will have time to do all the
many things you have to do. I want you to know that in two years Gavin is going
to turn 8 years old, and I know that he will want you to be the one to Baptize
your son. Strive to become fully converted. I say these things in the name of
Jesus Christ our Savior and Redeemer, Amen.
I don't have anymore time but I
know this Gospel Blessed our family this past week with Mikes Accident. Mike
can be whole once again with the power of the Atonement. Christ has felt this
pain and knows how he feels.
Con Amor Elder Durocher^2

No comments:
Post a Comment