(Sorry for the tilted photos below....this program will not leave them correctly oriented! Argh!
My Dear Fine Missionary Sons,
My thoughts have been with you all week as both & all of
you always are and I hope you know how awesome you are in the service of the
Lord. The opportunities you both have to make your missions into the Best
Two Years is all about attitude and I appreciate how well you want to serve in
honor. I have prayed that Ethan is gifted with the language of
understanding and speaking Spanish, and Morgan to be able to get the island
lingo. :-) I have prayed for your investigators to listen to the
Spirit as you bring His message of love and peace.
I'll map out the week here, but I hope not to make this letter too
long as much has occurred. First though I will let you know that Michael
is doing well. He has a huge bruise that wraps around his middle from his
navel to all along his back on the left side. He gets stiff sitting too
long and his stitches in his scalp are due to come out. All in all he's
good and everybody is so glad he was not hurt worse, as you stated in your
letter, with Thanks to God!
Wednesday Oma and Grandpa arrived from Nevada towing their camp
trailer which ended up wearing a tire thin so they have to replace one. I
went to see them at the RV park in Draper that night and then we met up again
on Friday morning for Harris & MacKenzie's wedding at the Timpanogos
Temple. The Jesses arrived on Thursday night and stayed here which I was
delighted about. Annalisa and Apollo arrived later Friday
afternoon. The wedding at the Temple was beautiful and the sealer did an
amazing job of talking to the couple and others in the room about the importance
of Temple Marriage and keeping the Spirit in the home. Photo's were taken
outside the temple with the bride and grooms side of families. I didn't
attach that photo of everyone, but I did attach one of just the grooms side.
The group then met at the Blue Lemon in Highland at an upstairs
reception room and a wonderful lunch was served. Harris and McKenzie sang
a song and a cool video was played of how they met and how Harris
proposed. With a short afternoon break the Heller, Jesse & Durocher
families met at the Red Butte Gardens at the University of Utah. Dean
made sure he got to Utah, but had to take the 'red eye' back to Washington on
Friday night late. Mike, Nick & family, David and Lindsay arrived
with Annalisa and Apollo and we enjoyed the garden and the reception event with
a nice buffet. The newly weds looked very happy. The day was very long
for Oma and Grandpa, so I took them to their trailer and Annie & Apollo
came home too. The Jesse's followed not long after. Big day, but
very enjoyable.
Saturday David worked on Ethan's car and found the timing belt had
broken, so he pushed it onto his car hauler that he brought with his truck and
will take it up to Logan. Tamie and Maggie were working on her Halloween
costume (Disney princess Bell from Beauty & the Beast) and I went back and
forth with helping David and making food, and getting ready for Kami
Escamilla's wedding in the afternoon. I went to the wedding where
Annalisa was a bridesmaid and looked so beautiful. After the ceremony, I
came back to the house and Rett, Everett, Tamie, Maggie, David, Lindsay and I
went to Orem and checked with a couple stores for costume accessories, and then
had dinner at Texas Roadhouse. The food was fantastic and the company
very delightful. Afterward, David and Lindsay left for Tooele to stay
with Mike and the rest of us helped with Maggies dress. I should have
taken a picture of the yellow creation that Tamie did all herself! No pattern,
just her ingenuity!
Sunday was Ron & Pam Lee's farewell as they will report for
the Lubbock, Texas Mission in two weeks. They will serve in New Mexico on
the western edge of their mission at an Apache reservation. Cool
ehh! They both did a fantastic job and I was asked to say the closing
prayer so that was neat. As we were leaving for the church, T&R were
packed up for their trip to Nevada. Annalisa was ready to leave for
Tooele to have Dave help replace the CV Axil in her (Morgan's) car. They
also changed the oil. It runs better, but she still needs to fix the transmission
motor mounts as it rattles around still. I brought the fixings to make
Chicken Curry and Broccoli, which turned out great! Oma and Grandpa
enjoyed seeing Nick and Mike's houses and visit with the great grandbabies.
Its been a full weekend with much joyful visiting. This is
the last of a line of events from the time Ethan left on his mission so
now the time will be spent on getting ready for Christmas. Seems far
away, but it will be here before long and I always like to get a head
start on the planning and budgeting.
All is well at home and know your family loves you and cares about
the sacrifices you are making in the mission field. Since teaching
the D&C this year, I often reflect on the faith of the early pioneer saints
and their fortitude to carry onward as they came west. We in this day
have different challenges, but pioneer in our own way the paths of our
lives and the outcomes of our future posterity. What we do now really
does matter to the generation that will come after us. Live clear of
regret my children and know who you are to live strong and be right
with yourselves and with the Lord.
I love you so very, very, very much and know I always support
the people you are.
Mom <3>3>
 |
| Just the Heller side of the wedding guests! |
 |
| Heller family with Harris |
 |
| Photo bomber!!! |
 |
| Oma and Grandpa with Lindsay and David. |
 |
| David is towing Ethan's car to Logan to fix the timing belt. |
 |
| Annalisa looking adorable! |
 |
| Apollo and Annalisa are a handsome couple |
 |
| Annalisa was a bridesmaid in Kami's wedding to Marcus Leatherwood. |
 |
| Annie was giving David a back rub with some very strong body parts! |
 |
| Hayden looking so cute! |
 |
| Cambree wanted Grandpa to read books....so cute! |
 |
| 4 generations! |
 |
| Handsome fellow of mine! |
 |
| 4 generations with 3 present! |
No comments:
Post a Comment