I
had asked some questions of Ethan and he seems to have answered them here….
Elders,
Have
a terrific week!
Questions:
Ethan,
have you enjoyed the food in Argentina? Have you taken many photos?
Curious about transfers and if you got a new companion. How’s your back
and
your knees doing this week? I understand packages will be hard to get to
you so I’ll get creative with Christmas gifts!
Dear Amor para me familia,
This week was long but pretty good. My
new companion is Elder Wightman, we have been together for two weeks now, but
we got put together in the middle of our last transfer. My second transfer is
this week sometime, so we might change again or stay together. Elder Wightman
is from Florida, but his family moved to Texas right before he left on his
mission. He dies(goes home) in December, but he extended and will be here until
January. He has taught me so much. Elder Parkes taught me how to be exactly
obedient and to be a good hard working driven missionary right at the beginning
of my mission. Elder Wightman is teaching me how to do everything that comes
with being a missionary like planning and teaching and what not. Elder W. is a
great missionary. He has taught me so much and I'm glad for the opportunity to
be able to serve with him longer if possible, but we find out this week.
Yes I have pictures but the things are kinda different so i need to find the converter here, I will try to send pictures the next week. The food here is awesome! I'm still getting used to the fact when we have like chicken what is on my plate is all of the chicken without feathers, so tendons, joints, bones, skin, and your expected to eat all of it besides the bones... That's really hard for me.. but i have eaten cow stomach already, it didn't have a taste but was way chewier then fat on steak, so that was interesting, but all the food here is really good. i have to say though.... I MISS MY CHIPS AND SALSA!!!!! haha they don't have that here... That's a bummer, they have like lays, or Doritos, but not normal tortilla chips and salsa like we have in the states or like Mexico, but its all good. They have Hamburgers and French Fries! :) My backs doing better and also my knees. If you send anything please be careful with what you send because a package got here this last week for someone and if was opened and gone through... Thanks for the thought and love for wanting to help.
I don't know if I mentioned but D. Todd Christofferson is coming to our mission in November, he will be talking mostly in Castellano (Spanish) so i hope i can understand the Apostle of the Lord in about a month.. We had an investigator come to church, his names Astor and is about 13. Hes really smart, and has came to church like 4 times, his step dads a less active member, but helps teach in the lessons. He served a mission and was sealed in the temple but then got divorced and other life problems happened. He wants to come back i think, but i don't understand much because they said this stuff before i met Hermano Baez, but he talks extremely good English and I can understand him completely when he talks in English.
Im glad tho
hear that things are going good for all of you! I love you all!
Con Amor Elder Ethan C. Durocher

No comments:
Post a Comment